Friday, July 13, 2007

Did I mention it's hot?


Greetings from our "undisclosed location."

We are on the ground after an unknown amount of time traveling... All I know is we lost Wednesday in the process.

Hot. And bright. And hot.

To be perfectly honest, the trip over was cake, the unload was easy, and getting situated wasn't a big deal at all. We're all excited and looking forward to getting to work-- our day and a half has been filled with inprocessing and orientation to the scene- had we arrive later, we'd have missed the acclimation period so we are quite pleased.

Did I mention the heat?

So an interesting phenomenon- you don't actually feel your sweat when it's 120 degrees- it evaporates too quickly. When you enter an air conditioned room, you break into a serious sweat and initially, you wonder why.

You know that feeling when you stick your head towards the oven before the hot air escapes- that's the heat I'm talking about.

A gentle disclaimer- internet access is spotty and time is limited. If you can excuse my typos and grammatical errors- I'd be greatly appreciative. .. I wish I could use this excuse all of the time.

H-O-T.

To summarize- there's not much happening with us quite yet- there are currently three bands here since we arrived a bit ahead of schedule. I'm not sure when our first gig will be as the others are on the road on their own starting soon.

ummmm.... yep, still hot.

I'm excited to be here- the best way to describe it is to say it's interesting- 180 degrees from my normal civilian life. Perhaps similar to arriving on the moon. For time sake, I'm going to establish a "morale meter." 1-10, 10 being great. I'm sitting easily at a 10. Hopefully it will maintain!!

Actually, it's not that hot at night... ok, it's still hot.

And of course, once things are over, I can explain what we've been up to, but for the mean time, being vague is part of the deal. I'm sure you'll understand.


Well, I hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer. Take care and I'll hopefully catch up to you soon!

J-

No comments: