Friday, July 6, 2007

Ahhh... Colorado.


Greetings everyone!

I am writing from home in beautiful and sunny (and dry) Colorado! The trip home on July 4th was smooth with the notion I'd get to be home with Tracy, the pets, and our friends. Speaking of Tracy and home, we realized this was the first fourth of July we've spent together since before we were married, (eight years ago on July 17th). The previous fourth of July holidays were spent apart- I was always on the road doing concerts. We were ready to kick into relaxation mode for Thursday when I heard my cell phone ring...

I'm leaving Monday for Fort Worth, spending the night, and then we all head out the next morning. The idea is, we fly to a base, catch a flight called a "rotator" that takes troops overseas. We'll make at least one stop in the U.S., one in Europe, and then down to the base we'll be "stationed" during our tour. This base will essentially be the place we dump off the stuff we don't need, rehearse, check out gear (body armor, weapons, if necessary for the itinerary), and return to between trips into the forward bases.

The band that's over there now just returned from the Baghdad International Airport area where they played some concerts on and around the fourth of July. They weren't able to access their e-mail for 7 days while in Baghdad so we may expect similar circumstances when we are in a forward area. We'll see. I've read the military is cracking down on blogs for security reasons. If so, how unfortunate.

Anyways, I have a few days to relax here and intend to do so. If I cannot update from the middle east, Tracy will send out e-mails. Thanks for reading!

J-

No comments: